Kastraki & Alyko Beaches in Naxos
Kastraki is further south from Mikri Vigla of Naxos Island. Kastraki is well known for its magnificent beach with the nearly white colour sand and its crystal clear waters. Kastraki extends to the south up to Glyfada beach which is suitable for wind surfing. The place is ideal for relaxation and for holidays on the beach. It is a nice and quiet resort with a few accommodation and taverns.
Alyko (right after Glyfada beach) is a picturesque area that consists of a few coves. The south and biggest cove (landmarked by Saint George chapel -on the right side as we approach the beach) is the most popular and best with fine and whitish sand and azure waters. The whole area is ideal for snorkeling. In Alyko there is a cedar trees forest and a small pier where sometimes day cruise small boats stop over.
Excellent beaches with fine sand.
Kastraki is long and it has some tourist infrustructure.
Alyko is picturesque, ideal for sea and nature lovers, without any infrastructure except a few accommodation and a couple of taverns (1-2 Km from the beach). So take water or anything you may need with you.
At a glance
- Kastraki: Very long sandy beach.
- Kastraki: 18 Km to Naxos Town
- Kastraki: Bus schedules to Naxos Town
- Kastraki: Rooms, studios, apartments & villas
- Kastraki: A few taverns
- Kastraki: Suitable for wind surfing
- Kastraki: Mini markets
- Alyko: Picturesque coves.
- Alyko: 20 Km to Naxos Town
- Alyko: Bus schedules to Naxos Town (the route to Pyrgaki)
- Alyko: Very few accommodation and a couple of taverns (not on the beach)
- Alyko: South cove is protected from north winds
- Alyko: Small pier